Jeroen Hoozemans, Amsterdam University Medical Centers, The Netherlands
Jason Huse, University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, USA
Aims and scope
Acta Neuropathologica Communications (ANC) focuses on the pathogenesis of neurological disease using experimental or human tissues, molecular, cellular, biological and morphological techniques
Thematic Series - Traumatic Brain Injury
We are excited to present a thematic series focusing on clinical, basic science, and translational studies that address current problems and knowledge gaps in TBI, which affects over 65 million people worldwide each year.
This series will feature commissioned and non-commissioned content on topics including prospective biomarkers, mechanistic studies and comorbidity links.
More information can be found here.
Why publish with ANC?
- No major revisions: only minor revisions are requested that can be performed (and have to be performed) within 3 weeks
- Fast, thorough peer review: group of editors selected on the basis of their insightful, dedicated and prompt service
- Rapid publication: publication within 2 months of submission
- Inclusion in all major indexing services, such as PubMed, MEDLINE and Web of Science
- Open access: enabling it to be read by a much larger set of readers, increasing its visibility
- Competitive APC: flat article-processing charge, with no page limits, color figure charges or submission fees
Letter to the editor on a paper by Kaivola et al. (2020): carriership of two copies of C9orf72 hexanucleotide repeat intermediate-length alleles is not associated with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis or frontotemporal dementia
From the Editors-in-Chief
"The unique combination of human neuropathology with relevant experimental models is essential for understanding the pathogenesis of neurological diseases. Acta Neuropathologica Communications provides a platform for studies that centrally involve human neuropathology and bring new insight in disease mechanisms of neurological diseases using relevant experimental models. We welcome high quality papers that do not require major revisions, resulting in short turn-around times and fast publication. We hope you enjoy Acta Neuropathologica Communications and are looking forward to receive your submissions."
Jeroen Hoozemans, co-Editor-in-Chief, ANC
"As an original member of the ANC editorial board, it has been a pleasure to witness the growth and maturation of this journal first hand. ANC now occupies a well-defined niche for the rapid publication of high-quality work advancing the broad spectrum of neuropathology and its allied sciences. I look forward to receiving and evaluating your compelling manuscripts in the months and years ahead."
Jason T. Huse, co-Editor-in-Chief, ANC
Annual Journal Metrics
4 days to first decision for all manuscripts (Median)
26 days to first decision for reviewed manuscripts only (Median)
1,147,908 downloads (2021)
2,159 Altmetric mentions (2021)